In no matter, never mind Gary Snyder basically talks about the rebirthing of new life. It talks about how a mother and a father base their life off their children. This is a different change in how Snyder writes because usually he is negative and talks about the earth and how it is decreasing in resources. He says that the child is "Matter" and and "LIFE."
In Coyote Valley Spring he shows his sensitive side for animals and how so many things can be happening where animals are and then he slowly shifts over to people floating away in boats. In this poem I think he is trying to make animals seem like a bigger deal to people because usually people overlook animals feelings. He is completely right though because people need to be more aware of their actions towards not only animals but their habitat as well.
Pine Tree Tops is also like that the poem above because it points out once again his love for animals. His last sentence says "what do we know." He is right. I think he is just pointing out that animals are important to our region and society and most the time that is taken for granted. Some important animals are becoming instinct and endangered which isn't good for them as well as for us because we depend on animals for food and other things.
I saw the same themes in Snyder's poems as well. I feel Snyder's main theme is the fact that everything deserves respect. The quote "what do we know" definitely describes this notion. I feel that Gary really wants the reader to know that we do not know as much as we think we do. We need to understand that things do not revolve around us and that we do not know as much as we think we do.
ReplyDelete